View Single Post
Old 01-30-17, 07:51 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10957 Post(s)
Liked 7,487 Times in 4,188 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11
Please reread my second to last sentence.
I read the second to last sentence the first time and I read it again. Yup, it says what I thought it said the first time. I agreed with it in the context of sub $1000 bikes.

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Diamondback is a brand owned by Accell, a Dutch company that also owns Raleigh, Ghost, Batavus, Redline, LaPierre etc. The frames, like all major brand frames these days, are made by contracted factories who make frames for everyone. In other words the Diamondback brand, like most brands, is completely meaningless.
This is what I disagree with. You claim that the name on the side of the tubing is completely meaningless for most brands. Zertz and Isospeed alone should show you that the name on the side does result in different technology and design. If those werent enough, then just simply looking at same genre frames from half a dozen brands should make it obvious that brands have different designs even thought the frames may be made in the same factory(s).
Again- different butting, different material(6061 or 7005 aluminum), different shaped tubing, and more makes frames unique by brand even when made in the same factory.