Old 02-06-17, 01:15 PM
Tiniest jorts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusty904
1. What are your favorite aspects of commuting by bike?
2. If you were trying to convince someone to start commuting by bike, how would you "sell" the concept?
3. What were your principle annoyances as a novice rider/commuter? What are the main inconveniences you deal with now?
4. How long have you been commuting by bike?
5. Other than commuting to and from work, where are your favorite places to travel by bike?
6. What products do you use that make your commute easier or more enjoyable?
1. I enjoy riding and this means I do it every day. I get a better look at what's going on in the city. I can take it easy or make it a workout. I barely put any miles on my car and it's more fun to drive now.
2. Consistent time to work and back. Arriving at work without frustration and with energy.
3. I'm sweaty and as a novice I didn't think workout clothes were necessary. It made a huge difference to be able to change when I got to work. I'm only inconvenienced now by surprise weather and inattentive drivers.
4. Since September 2015 (17 months)
5. I ride urban and rural routes on the weekends, including urban trails.
6. My REI daypack (Flash 18) and my Garmin Edge 25.

Originally Posted by Rusty904
How do you secure your bike at your destination? Does your workplace allow indoor storage? Have you ever had a bike stolen?
I use a bike rack at work. I use a u-lock around the rear wheel and rack and cable locked to the front wheel. I've never had a bike stolen but a bike was stolen last year from the rack. A bike shop two blocks away has free day storage. When I ride a nicer bike I can also bring it up to my office.

Last edited by Tiniest jorts; 02-06-17 at 03:13 PM. Reason: additional question