Old 02-13-17, 09:30 PM
Marcus_Ti 
Only Slightly Bent

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1498 Post(s)
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
So through a rather circuitous path, I arrived back at a 46/30T White industries crank with the old square-taper BB (turned out the new one did not fit). I've only put about 30 miles on it, but so far it seems perfectly solid. (I was afraid square taper would be a regression.) The crank sure does look nice, especially on my thin-tubed steel bike. The shifting seems perfectly fine with Di2 BTW. (Admittedly I am comparing it to a nearly worn out Ultegra crankset).

I thought about the WI VBC cranks...but $400USD for alloy sq taper cranks is really hard to swallow.

Glad they shift great with Di2, doing my own 46/30 build in May....AAMOF I think I might have randomly ended up buying your IRD Defiant cranks LOL. Least I thought I read somewhere you were EBaying them right around the time I won an auction for em. Small world?

Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
I want one of the Sugino cranks, but I just can't get over spending that much on a Sugino.
Both the Sugino and the WI VBCs are really expensive. I get that both are relatively small companies...but jeebus.

I wish the PraxisWorks M30 cranks were available in 46/30.