Old 12-18-05, 05:05 PM
sbhikes
Dominatrikes

Bikes: Catrike Pocket, Lightning Thunderbold recumbent, Trek 3000 MTB.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khuon
The laws attempt to eliminate distraction through legislation instead of dealing with the root cause of the problem. That is that the average motorist is ill-equipped/ill-trained to deal with a driving environment that is full of both intentional and unintentional distractions. Vehicular operations require task management and prioritisation. Simply saying that by enacting a law, we can eliminate distraction-induced accidents is nothing short of white-washing the issue.
I think enacting the law is step one in educating motorists of the seriousness of distracted driving. And if any of them actually obey the law, maybe the driving environment will be quiet enough for them to recall the driver training they actually did have all those long years ago.

As for these "I work out of my car I have to talk on the phone" people, maybe they should go work out of an Internet cafe instead.

And that parent--oh boo hoo your kids will scream all the way home. Let them. Maybe it'll teach them to stop spilling stuff. Oh, and maybe if you didn't give them drinks in the car there wouldn't be this problem to begin with. Sheesh!