Old 02-24-17, 05:32 PM
tyw214

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maartendc View Post
Never ridden any of those bikes, but the CAAD12 seems to be universally regarded as a great bike, and the best aluminium bike, period.

That being said, I really like BMC bikes so I'd say test ride the GF01 and see if you like it. It is also very well regarded.
so today, i went to the LBS with the BMC for size fitting, it seems like the GF01 they had left that's 51cm is too big for me... which is a shame. my inseam is 77cm, and i am about 167cm tall (i only got measurement and didn't actually get on the bike, since they didn't want to assemble it...). I ride a 52cm Specialized Diverge right now and I thought the 51cm will fit me, guess not ;x...

I really wanted the BMC , I was gonna get the Roadmachine as a back up, but I just can't get over the color for 105, it's too gaudy that bright neon red orz...

So, by default I went with the CAAD12 DISC 105. It should be coming by the end of next week (hopefully), and I ordered the SAVE PLUS carbon seat post with it as someone suggested in another thread, so it should absorb some of the road noise ;x I'll report back!

Also, i heard the MADDUX wheels are pretty crappy for the 105? I was thinking of upgrading with the Hunts disc wheels. anybody have experience with them? I am looking at the hunts 4season disc, and the hunts aero light disc

They seem to be like pretty close except for about 120g difference. will i notice it in real life?

Last edited by tyw214; 02-24-17 at 06:13 PM.