Old 12-18-05, 09:10 PM
v1nce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
@ Cycleholic, when i looked at your pics i coulnd't help but notice you are running 3! Ciusse Elite bottle cages. I recently bought one because i thought they looked Bombproof (fat welds and thick tubing) but then i read some reviews online. They are said to crack at the weld fairly quick and people advice the American Classic instead as the one to last forever. How long you had those and are they the Stainless Steel variant or the Alu (i think the stainless might last..)? I think the design is flawed in that they have a weld to begin with but especially because the weld is on one side of the tube only. Not a huge deal though as you have three and it could take some time before the first one goes. But i like buying for life whenever possible.

@ Bekologist, nice to see some taste and class! Anyone running a Surly with a Brooks Flyer, A Zefal HPX, Brifters and an Esge Pletscher kickstand knows what he is doing damnit! Nice one.

I personally would skip the Ortliebs (check my thread on homemade yet waterproof Bucket paniers) because of the expense. I'd also skip the Krypto (see my other thread for even better/more versatile locks). What brand are those extra long fenders and huge mudflap?! Like them lots.

Total cost estimation/break down for that rigg?....!
Are those Racks Tubus or...?

Last edited by v1nce; 12-18-05 at 09:48 PM.