View Single Post
Old 02-28-17, 07:16 AM
jlax2485

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
You're welcome! Sorry to hear about the postage location screw up. Gahhhhhh. It's as if, even if it was raining for the next few days, the anticipation and desire to get a bike together doesn't care about "I will not ride it in a downpour." I very patiently waited for new brakes for my Super Le Tour and it was grinding at me as once I cabled up the brakes, I could cable up the derailleurs, then bar tap/wrap, then tune. Process process process! Did the USPS give you a defined day delay--not "in a few days" or some other vagary?
I live in a house, but our mailbox is one of those lockable boxes that is in a big cluster of boxes for the entire neighborhood. The seller sent to the right address, but USPS either delivered to the wrong mailbox and one of my neighbors (who has not returned the item) has it, or they just flat-out lost the package. I had to order another item.
USPS checked the boxes but didnt find anything, and the package was not insured (contrary to the seller's claim). It is frustrating but I am just letting it go and focusing on finishing the bike. Your bike looks cool BTW...there is something to be said for subtle, yet aesthetically pleasing color combinations.