Old 02-28-17, 09:47 AM
maartendc

Bikes: 1989 Cannondale 3.0, 2001 Trek 5200, 2010 BMC SLC01, Minerva MTB Hardtail

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tyw214 View Post
so today, i went to the LBS with the BMC for size fitting, it seems like the GF01 they had left that's 51cm is too big for me... which is a shame. my inseam is 77cm, and i am about 167cm tall (i only got measurement and didn't actually get on the bike, since they didn't want to assemble it...). I ride a 52cm Specialized Diverge right now and I thought the 51cm will fit me, guess not ;x...

Also, i heard the MADDUX wheels are pretty crappy for the 105? I was thinking of upgrading with the Hunts disc wheels. anybody have experience with them? I am looking at the hunts 4season disc, and the hunts aero light disc

They seem to be like pretty close except for about 120g difference. will i notice it in real life?
Yeah the BMC bikes geometry is quite different from other bikes. What they bill as a 51 fits really more like a 54.

As for the wheels: I dont know about those particular stock wheels, but in general, stock wheels are not great, pretty heavy. Especially in a more affordable bike like the CAAD12, they will cheap out on the wheels. The CAAD frame is really good though, so worth upgrading the wheels for.

For the Hunt wheels: Will you notice 120g difference? Probably not. You would notice the difference between 1800g and 1400g, but not between 1450 and 1550g I think. If the price is much higher, or you live in a flat area, go with the slightly heavier wheels.

That being said, if the price is not that much higher, I would still go with the lighter wheels. If you dont, you might feel that itch to invest in lighter wheels in a couple months.

Enjoy the new bike!