Old 03-01-17, 07:11 AM
1Coopgt

Bikes: Mongoose Reform Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onomic View Post
Welcome, I'm new here as well but I've been riding for almost 30 years. I'll pick a random bit of advice that I think is very useful but hardly see anyone do anymore. Learn to wipe your tires while riding. This will extend the life of your tires and lead to less flats which is always a good thing. For your front tire just reach down and using the palm of your hand wipe your tire. For your rear wheel, hook your thumb around your seat stay and then use your palm/fingers to wipe your rear tire. You can do this anytime you hit a patch of glass, junk, or anything that looks like it could cause you to flat.

Really ? You do this while riding ? I'm guessing you're also talking about road tires. I'm with others about this it's a good way to possibly break fingers or shred your skin form glass & metal shards. You also assume that the OP has a road bike or is using road tires on their bike. Personally I think this is bad advice . I do think it makes sense to inspect your tires every once in a while ,while riding and after the ride . But not while you are moving.

Personally I own a DuelSport/Hybrid bike. The last thing I would do is run my fingers along my tires while riding . It would be a great way to break a finger/fingers.