Old 03-02-17, 11:06 PM
agmetal

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, ANT 3-speed roadster, New Albion Privateer singlespeed, Raleigh One Way singlespeed, Raleigh Professional "retro roadie" rebuild, 198? Fuji(?) franken-5-speed, 1937 Raleigh Tourist, 1952 Raleigh Sports, 1966 Raleigh Sports step-through

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
New Albion Privateer. Its Tange Infinity tubing, the brand is by the same company who owns Soma, and the frame is inexpensive. Doesnt come qith a fork, but Soma has a few different forks for the frame.
Gloss black color so that may bot be cool enough, but the flair could be introduced with color cable housing and bar tape.

Probably $400ish for frame and fork.

Its made to be a versatile drop bar bike. I think sorta along the lines of the Black Mountain road frame.
Here's my Privateer...I've made a couple small changes since this picture was taken (different saddle from the same manufacturer, different seatpost with more setback, and no more pirate flags), but I really like it. It'd be nice if the seat tube angle weren't quite so steep (especially on the smaller-size frames), and if it had caliper brakes instead of cantilevers, but overall I'm happy with it.