View Single Post
Old 03-03-17, 08:15 AM
ViNesvarbu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dplevy81
At one point I was convinced I needed a suspension fork for urban riding too. It seems great at first and then you realize that trying to pedal around with the fork unlocked feels like you're peddling through mud and zaps all the fun out of riding. Then you notice that slowing down to lock and unlock the fork every time theres a rough patch in the road is obnoxious and stop doing it altogether. Then it occurs to you that your riding around with a 7lb fork that's locked 95% of the time and is essentially useless and wish it wasn't there in the first place. A good set of tires and bar grips is more than enough to dampen out the rough stuff. I ride all day on 25s and its totally fine, even on new york city streets. A 35mm hybrid tire is more than enough.

Disc brakes are overrated too, unless you're planning on doing some off roading. On pavement they do nothing but add unnecessary weight, drag, and resistance.

Thank you! I cannot make up my mind now if I want suspension or not. I thought I had an easy question, but I am getting even more confused.