Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2848 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts
About me ...

I rode my first century in 1994 and was actively into long distance cycling up till my early 40s. I've done four 1200K events and one 1000K, plus numerous "shorter" distances. Then I kind of had to take a bit of a break after developing DVT on a flight to Australia in 2009. Rowan and I still did some events with Audax Victoria, but not to the same level as we had before. In 2012, we spent about 8 months travelling the world, and while we did do some cycling we probably should have done more. I put on a bit of weight. Too much good food out there! Things were unsettled for the next couple years ... moving, job changes, etc..

Then in 2015, I lost the weight and started getting back into Audax events again. In 2016, Rowan and I completed a couple 200Ks, a 300K, and a 400K ... and about 400 km of a 600K (an unusual health issue kind of got in the way of that last one).

This year, we're trying it all again. We're in the midst of something Audax Australia has called a Petite Year Round Randonneur. We're attempting another Century-A-Month challenge. And we're participating in various other long distance events.

In February, I cycled my 100th century (100 mile ride). I've done an additional 75 longer rides, but that was my 100th 100. And just last weekend we got our first 200K randonnee in for the season. I've written about all of these in the Long Distance forum.

Some of you may recognise me from other forums here. But today I turn 50 ... so here I am!