Old 03-09-17, 06:48 AM
NoPhart

Bikes: As my watts decline, I’m amping up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kindaslow
Why the Shimano motor?

I get some folks really want Di2 shifting. I have had it and like it, but I would not rule out a bike without it.

As for motors, I am a big fan of the Bosch, and the new Haibikes with it are getting rave reviews.
First off, I want to try this new system out.

Second, I have huge confidence in Shimano products.

Third, I have ridden the Raleigh Misceo iE early on and would have bought one if that Shimano system was designed to handle "off-road" use. Hands down the best general E-bike I've ridden. Quality components that don't need upgrading. Solid firm feel. Smooth and quick IGH. The electric shifting and auto gear change at stop to the gear of your choice is awesome for commuting!

Fourth, I have ridden Bosch/Yamaha Haibikes and they are okay, but have a long way to go in the "feels like a MTB" area.

Fifth, I'm beginning to think less is more when it comes to assist on a MTB. Weight and feel are more important than power for MTB riding.

Repeat #2, I have HUGE confidence in Shimano products and think they will be a key player in the end game with constant refinement and product support; more than any other.