Old 03-12-17, 12:06 PM
M_att

Bikes: Raleigh detour 3.5, Raleigh Tallus 2, Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc 105 (2017)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CroMo Mike
In one of my other hobbies - competitive racing radio controlled gas-engine-powered boats - a lot of guys use box-type trailers (they call them toy boxes) to haul their fleets of boats and tools to the races. At the races they work out of the back of the trailer and use the trailer as a mobile workshop. So some of them use some pretty big trailers. Some use small ones. Some work out of the tailgate of an SUV or minivan. What I've learned is that it's best to talk to the trailer shop that deals in the brand you favor and ask them which options they offer, like drop-down door (ramp), side door, stand-up interior height, gravel shield, finished interior, heavy duty floor, torsion suspension (good to keep your stuff from getting bounced around on the road), LED lights, roof vent, prewired and reinforced for air conditioner, upgraded wheels and tires. Or none of the above. One thing several guys have found out is that these trailers are theft bait and can take a walk in the middle of the night. The thieves apparently want the trailer itself, but if it's loaded with toys, all the better. Since you intend to pull it with a Hyundai, I'd think you would want to go with a smaller size and lighter trailer. Some of the larger ones are rather wide overall and can be a handful in traffic.
Yea I was already planning on the lighter trailers anyway. I will probably be putting a locking system on the floor myself.