View Single Post
Old 03-12-17, 05:26 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Bariani 45+

Again, had no expectations other than just trying not to get dropped, but I felt surprisingly good. On the 2d lap I even took a flyer on the false flat section. Didn't get far, but it was fun while it lasted. On the 3d lap, I got in a small break of 4 on the crosswind section, but we did not have enough and we were caught before the farm road.

On the 4th and final lap, a group of 6 or 7 got away, we had no one in it, and I thought crap, that's it. But they never got out of sight and the pack chased through the roller section and caught it at the final turn, about 2.5km to go. Amazingly, I didn't get dropped and managed to work myself up along the fog line (out of the wind, but I knew I was taking a chance with the sketchy pavement. I got to the last turn probably 20th and then there was a crash right in front of me with about 1k to go. Somehow managed to avoid that and rode in with the front group, probably 12th. Which is not too shabby for me, especially since I have been doubting my fitness coming into this weekend.