View Single Post
Old 03-12-17, 07:42 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by iggyboy
I am not sure if this is the right subforum but Ill give it a try.

Five years ago I was diagnosed with herniated disc of lumbal area, and one of cervical area. It was hell at first but with gym and muscle strengthening I got it under control.

BUT...bike riding was not the same as before. I had a Norco Kokanee and it was very unpleseant to ride it and it caused problems.

So the question now is...which bike do I buy??

I would ride it mostly in the city on asphalt and occasionaly in parks/forests.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

I get up with an aggravated back injury and have to be careful not to turn funny for a while, but after I sit in a chair for a few minutes the back usually gets going again.

I have little trouble cycling but I also have nice old vintage Troxels on my Schwinn and Rollfasts and good springs or padding.

I guess you might avoid getting crazy with the whoop-de-woops for a while and see your doctor about the back. You need your back for nearly everything, and also look into the shoes you are wearing. How your feet are able to take weight and allow the legs to balance ultimately affect your back. Ever wonder why runners go barefoot?