Old 03-13-17, 11:45 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 180 Posts
^ the "game single thread" thing is a few years old. Games have caught up, even older titles if you read the recommends call for 2 or more proc, and typically that along with good video as well. I play a lot of older titles and low resource new ones that I find and like. As a "for instance" a game I just picked up called Grim Dawn, basically a rewrite of Diablo, uses quite a bit to scroll smoothly, and I am running a 4690 now.

Mostly the new build will be a for the heck of it build. I have done my last several on i# builds from second to fourth gen. I had a lot of parts left over after running into a deadend on a video card compat with a Dell i7, and had a buttload of parts and memory left. It made the two 4th gen builds I did nearly free all things considered. The current box is running a GTX960Ti, and it's about all the heat/power I can muster in the mini ITX build server chassis I have it in. Putting even one step better card will run me into temp issues that I couldn't resolve without going water cooling, etc and I just don't want to fit it all in this already tight case.

I am already collecting parts for the build. I have a case, a good Antec PS, a new pci SSD...so once this release price drops I think an 1800x is the build I am looking to.