View Single Post
Old 03-16-17, 05:39 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5767 Post(s)
Liked 2,541 Times in 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by superpletch
Im touring pacific coast in may. after talking with caldot sounds like new bridge will not be complete by then. they stated that they are working on a trail to bypass bridge which will be pedestrian only. does anyone have any information on a trail, or recommendations on bypass route?
Follow the Big Sur Blog to stay updated on the foot trail. Be aware, that even if it's finished and pretty decent, there may be limited hours so as not to conflict with construction.

Otherwise you can bypass the area on an inland route, but I believe it knocks about a 30-40 mils stretch of the coast road from Carmel to Pismo Beach.

If there's any workable bypass, I'd shoot for the coast road, because without the bridge and through traffic, you should be able to enjoy a nice quite ride.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.