View Single Post
Old 03-17-17, 03:46 PM
NYMXer

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix EVO w Hi-Mod frame, Raleigh Tamland 1 and Giant Anthem X

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I couldn't ride so I....

We recently got dumped on with about 2ft of snow, so riding is out of the question. My question to all of you is "what did you do to over come the weather"....
Me, I tried to go XC Skiing but the conditions didn't allow that (warmed up too fast), so I went snow shoeing (first time, loved it!).
Saturday we are expecting another 1-3 inches of snow but luckily the snowmobiles have packed down some of the major (wider) trails at my local riding place, so maybe we will do some fat bike trail rides, XC skiing or more snow shoeing.
Point is, how important is the workout, and what alternatives do you do to make sure that you burn off those calories and get your HR up?
Riding the road bike is dangerous right now with the blinded field of vision (high snow banks along the road, esp at intersections), melting snow refreezing again and then the wind.... whenever it warms up, high winds are inevitable.
Staying healthy is hard work but with an open mind and positive attitude, you can get "er done"!