Old 03-17-17, 06:31 PM
spinachface

Bikes: 1993 Bridgestone RB-1, Bianchi M.U.S.S, 1992 GT Bravado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a somewhat inexpensive/vintage Rando bike

I've been getting more and more into distance cycling, and while I haven't done a populaire or any type of brevet, I'm hoping to start soon.

I was doing these rides on a Surly Long Haul Trucker with a converted Low Trail fork. It was a great bike, but the weight was definitely a little much, and the touring geometry was not very conducive to a long day of spirited riding. I was lucky enough to trade the bike for a Rock Lobster (a trade I had to take!) but am now restarting on my hunt for a "road bike" (I wasn't do much touring).

Hoping to not buy anything to crazy as I haven't partook in a true event, but my hope is to find a relatively inexpensive 80s sport tourer with lighter tubing, clearance for a 32 or more, and fender eyelets and convert it to a 700c (if necessary) wheel. Any particular frames come to mind as far as lighter tubing and fender eyelets? Bridgesone RB-2, Bianchi Nuovo and Shoguns have been mentioned, but wanted to know if there's any other thoughts on the subject. Or, if a newer model bike comes to mind, let me know!