Old 03-19-17, 04:38 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
Yes, and you could also say that one could actually get more exercise riding an E-Bike than riding a normal bicycle... "If" you end up riding the E-Bike more than you would/could ride a normal bicycle...
Maybe, or maybe not if one chooses to throttle around not pedaling at all, but there's another reality equally true, as I also have experienced it.

“My average power input was actually higher on the eBike because it cut my commute time down so much I wasn’t destroying my body with over training.” Alter felt the shorter commute times on the eBike resulted in higher output, more intense workouts.

“Moving to the eBike added almost 7 mph to my ride. My body worked the exact same but for a shorter duration.” The gains showed up in other places, as well. “The five day commute felt more sustainable and freed up more time with family. Still, the 10.5 hrs of intensity each week is plenty to keep me in really solid fitness shape.”

On my commute I can ride harder 75% of the time because I'm not killing myself 25% of the time on 15% to 20% hills. I get to choose ho hard I ride rather than conditions and terrain determining it for me, therefore it has been an overall net gain.