View Single Post
Old 03-20-17, 08:34 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5772 Post(s)
Liked 2,567 Times in 1,422 Posts
Originally Posted by Paravia
Eh unfortunately with the new dynohub the wheel does not spin as freely as a normal wheel, because of the magnets, so i can't check balance properly. I am getting lots of good thoughts in this thread, still convinced if i figure out why the hub moves when the QR is open i will sort the wobble too.
Please trust me on this, the problems are not related (if the wheel is true).

Wobble when riding is a harmonic issue whereby small steering inputs get amplified to a wobble through resonance.

One thing you can try is to take a crayon and hold it against the center of the fork just barely touching the center of the tire and spin the wheel to mark the running track on the tire. Odds are the tire doesn't run true, so you'll get some skips, but maybe you can see it move a bit side to side at the same time.

We'll wait for a report, but as I said before, the easiest test is to drop tire pressure considerably, say down to 50-60psi and see if it makes a difference.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.