Old 03-21-17, 06:48 AM
Kindaslow

Bikes: SWorks Stumpy, Haibike Xduro RX, Crave SS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveQ24 View Post
Money, weight, performance, component level, frame material and longevity always come up in these threads. Not as much mention of another component, IMHO, of the buyer's experience that may influence some, and that is the intangible I guess I could loosely call "artistry" or "aesthetics" - craftsmanship doesn't seem to really apply to a product mass-produced, since that conjured up for me at least the image of Campagnolo at work in his little workshop in 1950s Italy making parts almost one by one - not Chinese factories the size of an NFL stadium.

Since the thread has gone stale, off-topic, with apologies to the OP, I've bought several of my bikes partially based on aesthetics- making the decision between brands and models comparable otherwise, I've liked certain things about certain bikes -like the bright orange frame of my Crux or the weird, cool-looking offset single "lefty" front fork on my one Cannondale.
Most threads are off topic or stale within the first couple of pages, so it is interesting to see how they change. Aesthetics are very important, and I cannot imagine buying an ugly bike, except maybe as my commuter. I do think that some of the CF frames are beautiful given their shapes and the flow of the tubes. I thought my Venge had a beautiful frame.