View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 10:31 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 724 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
Then he shouldn't quote my post and tell me I'm doing it wrong. None of you know a thing about me or how I ride, and I wasn't asking for approval. I was responding to the OP's question with my personal experience, which is that I prefer a traditional crank on the road and a compact on gravel. I was not recommending one course of action or another, just providing another data point in response to the OP's question.

I'm starting to get really turned off of everything on BF other than C&V based on the pathological need of many posters to seek out the tiniest statement that they disagree with and start pointless arguments based on their personal opinions which they mistake for facts. If you don't agree with my choice of crankset that's fine, but don't turn it into an ad hominem attack on my character.
How is saying that a 50/34 shouldn't be holding you back, and if it is there may an issue of technique, an attack on your character?

It's an attack on the claim that a gravel bike with 50/34 gearing will hold the OP back from using it on a road bike.

I explained with simple math, and my personal experience, why I don't think that's the case.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why you think your 50/34 is holding you back, and why you think it might hold the OP back?

Then we could evaluate the substance of your position.

So far you made an assertion about the limits of a 50/34. I explained why I think you're wrong, and you've offered nothing to support your position.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.