View Single Post
Old 12-20-05, 11:00 AM
mattface 

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-T, Soma Rush, Razesa Racer, ⅔ of a 1983 Holdsworth Professional, Nishiki Riviera Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 10 Posts
From one cheapass to another: MKS Sylvans look great for the money, but I scored some used Wellgo track pedals off ebay for like $5, and they work fine. If I were buying new I'd get the MKS Sylvan which are about the same $ as the Wellgos.

For straps, cheap leather or vinyl straps may suck, but cheap woven MTB straps are damn near indestructible. Woven straps can be frayed halfway through, and still not break. they will not fail suddenly, so you've got plenty of warning if they need replacement, and they are cheap as hell. Reinforced leather straps may look better, but for my (relatively little) money woven straps are the way to go.

Oh, and I disagree that clippless are dangerous. Mine are as easy to get out of as they are to get into. Arguably easier to get out of than clips and straps. I'd ride them everyday except that I don't want to wear bike shoes every day, so I use SPD pedals for longer rides, and clips and straps for commuting. Swapping pedals is no big deal. It takes maybe 5 minutes.

Last edited by mattface; 12-20-05 at 11:09 AM.