Old 03-25-17, 09:35 PM
DaveQ24 

Bikes: Enough plus 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you from the part of me that needed to get that out. Apologies from the part of me that feels beyond a damned fool for venting out like that.

6.76 miles in 0:49:51, a whopping 8.1 mph average / although half of that time was walking around. My big ride was good enough - went up to the commercial strip and got a take-out salmon and avocado roll. At least I did it. Easy peasy once I got started. Cold and damp made me forgot about feeling cold internally - glad I brought my heavy winter Pearl Izumi gloves though, my hands were cold in lighter Specialized full-fingered gloves a mile in.

And tomorrow I'm gonna take some tylenol arthritis for my knee, huff albutetol and get this damned treadmill test over with. Really. Spring is here, no more excuses.

Too much death and disease and despair. I thought I got away from it a few years ago, I changed jobs internally, took over working primarily in taxation rather than direct probate filings and administrations. But I'm still helping out my replacement almost 2 years later, and I guess I've had my fill of seeing the elderly, sick and vulnerable being taken advantage of ... and I extrapolate to my own concerns over health.

Only a fool would squander all I have been blessed with for no good reason save fear. I just need to channel the good memories of what made me happy in past days.