View Single Post
Old 03-26-17, 07:49 PM
uRabbit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cobba
You turned the wheel slowly and looked closely at the rotor or you are assuming that a new rotor would be true.

New rotors aren't always true.

If the inner pad is constantly rubbing, adjust it away from the rotor.
Turned it quickly, watched and listened, and turned it slowly, watched and listened. Also, before installing, I laid it flat on a clean flat surface.

The rubbing is not intermittent, but constant. I've pin-pointed it to the bottom of the inboard pad. So I've gone back to the manual and repeated steps 7-9. I have also attempted steps 7-9 with a business card between both pads and rotor, as well as with a business card between just the offending pad and rotor. Unfortunately, it is still rubbing in the same spot. edit: Top of outboard pad rubs as well. Can't get it to no rub without there being almost-zero tension.

Speed Dial levers?
BB7 Mountain or BB7 Road?

The red dial on a Speed Dial lever changes the amount of cable that the lever pulls and how the brake feels.
Speed Dial. Sorry, I typed the above message when I was about to leave. Typo. Hah.
Mountain.

For the lever dial, clockwise = tighter cable, correct? This should only be adjusted during installation, right?

edit: Now the lever and brake arm don't fully return after being depressed.

Last edited by uRabbit; 03-26-17 at 08:28 PM.