View Single Post
Old 03-29-17, 08:48 PM
deaninkl

Bikes: 2009 Giant TCR Aluxx SL, 2015 Bruno 700c Tour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have done the calorie counting before... (on one of my failed new tears resolutions, so am equipped to so so again, but its not black and white here... unlike the US, Aus or Europe, much of what is available in Malaysia simply is not on any list... so a lot of approximations are needed, the up side is that sweet snacks etc. are not so available, especially out of the cities. What is an issue is that Malay food in notoriously unhealthy, tasting great due to sugar being added to everything, even spicy vegetable dishes... sweat and sour is the norm, and the sweet is plain sugar even in savory dishes.

Of course no shortage of fruit here, which is generally at least good sugar... and plenty of leaf greens... I pretty much prepare all my own food so can control better..... portions are my problem... but getting better at that. Basically I have no will power but can simply stay away from the temptation by avoiding it. Staying away from pubs and eateries... I'll get there, I have a good feeling about this journey and the bike part in it.