Old 12-20-05, 09:18 PM
LCI_Brian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to live about 10 miles from work, which is the perfect commuting distance in my book. Then my employer relocated further away, so the one way distance is about 20 miles from home. I still bike commute, but only half the time.

Then my employer opened a satellite office about 35 miles away from home. I was "asked" to go to that office, but I couldn't really turn it down since I had taken three months off from work for my cross-USA bike tour. Luckily at the time there was a vanpool that was about 5 miles from my house. I bought a bike rack for the van, so a few days a week I would take the bike on the van in the morning, then ride the 30 miles back to my car in the afternoon. It was the only way I could stay sane with the 10 hour days and the long travel time.

Now I am back in the 20 mile away office, and I still commute about half the time. The work at the satellite office is more interesting, but there is no longer a vanpool from my area, so I would lose the partial commute option. So I could be somewhat limiting my opportunities by avoiding the satellite office with the longer commute.