View Single Post
Old 04-09-17, 08:13 PM
bugdust

Bikes: MASA Slingshot (x3), Miami Sun trikes, Trailmate Desoto Classic trikes, Schwinn Town & Country trikes, Schwinn Meridian trikes, ReBike, Solar cruiser, 1975 Schwinn Collegiate, 1979 Columbia trike...misc othersmore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ptcycles
On a related, but unrelated note, I purchased a half dozen trikes from a local sale, and pretty much bought them sight unseen and found the whole lot has solid tires, I guess they last a lifetime on concrete. I want to convert the tires to pneumatic and have had no success having the factory reply to my emails. Simply put, the rims are 24 inch, and have a hole where the stem of a tube would go, but all I want to know is there a way to remove the solid tire without cutting it off. Any ideas...
I just removed the solid tires off my Worksman trike. I simply clamped the tire in my vise and bent the tire & rim over, slid a large flathead screwdriver in and worked my way around until I could remove the solid tire by hand. I then mounted new tires an tubes as normal. I did put a strip of electrical tape over the spoke ends. I did both 20" on the front (flatbed cargo hauler) but I still have to do the rear 26". I will try to take pics when I do.