View Single Post
Old 04-10-17, 05:02 PM
bikerbobbbb

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't remember what the torq was, just that it was higher than spec.

Found this.
http://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-me...edal-hard.html

It could be the seatpost. I've gone through one already and a couple seats. I thought the seat felt like it swiveled a little the other day. I could just stand up, not use the seat, and see if it still creaks.

The rear wheel is new so I doubt it's the hub there. The creak was present now and then before that.

It's also not quite consistent for clicking in the same place related to where the pedals are. It will stay generally around one spot but that click moves... Back,lower,rear spot in pedaling for the click.... Then it moves to the upper,high,front part of the pedal rotation. I don't think I got it to click pedaling backwards, maybe once. I would try to pedal backwards and then press while going forward to get it to click. It would click around the same spot for a while that way.

Is there any way to test this without being on the bike? Rear wheel up and movable, brake on, and pressing by hand wasn't enough force. The need for pressure makes me wonder too. So if there's pressure, something might/must be flexing a bit?

Chain ring teeth look ok when I watching, glancing down, while riding. One tooth out of whack wouldn't make sense if the creak moves in relation to the pedal rotation.

The bike hasn't fallen over anytime recently.