Bike Forums - View Single Post - Big Sur Hwy Conditions?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-17, 10:10 AM
calamarichris
Horse Categorie

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Tavareetch!

Living in heaven invariably spoils us, so it's good to visit the other places to remind us how good we have it here. Actually SLO, Paso, & Cambria are quite lovely too. But half the time, coming back home is the best part of our vacations.

It was a little chilly on Sunday morning, so we ended up driving out to the Ragged Point Resort. There was more traffic than we were expecting, so no loss. Still beautiful. My friend Greg said the double-metric ride was tough, but they rerouted at the last minute to exclude the part of the ride that turned into a mud bog.

It was so beautiful up there--waterfalls, wild turkeys, wildflowers, great wine, and hills so green they were almost purple. We'll definitely have our Eroica-legal bikes ready for next year. And I'm thinking about getting some jerseys that say, "Worst Erotica Ever."

I'd absolutely love to join you for another mountain ride! Either GMR up there or Palomar down here. Or just the sillystring roads down around here if I can ever lure you down from the mountains. Let me know when's good for you.