Old 04-12-17, 03:55 PM
PDKL45

Bikes: Specialized AWOL

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eggman84 View Post
I understand its only a thought experiment but what you are considering wont work unless you change shifters on both bikes you are considering. For Option 1, the 2017 Giant Fastroad SLR 1 comes with Tiagra 4600 2x10sp Flat Bar Shifters, which are not compatible with Shimano 10 speed mountain rear derailleurs like the RD-T8000-SGS. For Option 2, the Giant Fastroad CoMax comes with Shimano RS-700 2x11 road shifters for flat bars which also are not comparabile with himano 10 speed mountain rear derailleurs like the RD-M8000. Note the RD-T8000 is just the touring version of the RD-M8000; no real difference.

Shifters and derailleurs have to work together, or use a converter like a shiftmate. Good luck.
You make a good point. I would have to use an XT rapidfire shifter for the rear derailleur.

I actually assumed that the derailleurs were basically the same, but got hung up on the different specs on the Shimano site. I think they give specs on the assumption that the T8000 would be always be used with a triple trekking crankset. Thanks for your reply.