Old 04-12-17, 04:26 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6345 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 67stang View Post
I bought a new car last year and went out of state to save on the sales tax - sheeit!, please school me on how I lost out on California consumer protection and bought a lemon
Even worse, I didn't pay the dealership through paypal

Not sure why you're so defensive of paypal bro; let alone why you're assumption is that any overseas seller MUST be screwing you over.

For your info, it was a PURCHASE, I have an invoice and it is references as such in paypal.
Secondly, as I said before, and as you acknowleged - the credit card charge is to pay pal. IF I had an issue, I would call my credit card and dispute it - and guess what, they'd reverse the charge and ask pay pal to prove the legitimacy of the charge. I'm confident I'd prevail - which is why I did the transaction the way I did it - and gee cowboy, my instincts must be ok because I have a frame, the seller got paid, no one got screwed and pay pal didn't **** me on fees.

But, you got any questions about the bike cowboy?
If you paid cash, they would never have made you pay a fee no matter what you called the transaction. If you paid by credit card, you did pay a fee. Done and done. The only reason you think you didn't pay a fee is because you didn't have to pay it to Deng-fu. If you look at your Pay Pal account, I bet you will see the fees.

Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
No matter where I go, here I am...