Old 04-26-17, 01:04 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny01
The etap front derailleur on my frame can't be placed low enough on the braze on and constantly throws the chain off when shifting into the big ring. When the limit screw is adjusted to move the cage inboard it no longer drops the chain, but I get rub. So I chose rub and bad shifting into the big ring over a dropped chain ever other shift. I can get a 53/39 to get the teeth closer to the cage. But my average speeds at about 10mph. I've been trying to find a machinist to make me a custom braze on, but no one is interested in such a tiny one off job. This is a design problem that more than a few people experience on different brands of frames.
What material is the frame or just the bracket? Assuming steel or Al can you not just file the brazed on bracket to open it up a little on the bottom. Even if you filed it all the way though to the bottom, the FD would likely clamp onto it nicely.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...