View Single Post
Old 05-01-17, 09:45 AM
jfiveeight

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ended up buying these pedals just recently. I have called Saris and they are great with answering questions. Yes, the pedals will wake up after spinning the cranks and are good to go for 5 minutes for a standing start. The app is a work in progress. Right now you can view advanced pedal metrics on the phone in real time and review it - on the phone. An upload to the cyclops virtual trainer site will give you L/R balance but not the advanced metrics. When connected via bluetooth (to the phone) they record power 40 times per second. My issue right now is most headunits only connect to power meters via ANT+, which is slower than bluetooth, and ANT+ only allows one pedal to send all the data. Powertap set up their bluetooth so that each pedal sends data separately. The app with any individual pedal data is iPhone only, Strava and Wahoo Fitness should work with bluetooth on android but I have not tested this yet.

The ANT+/BTLE differences aside, I feel like the company is working to improve compatibility for getting more data a priority and would buy them again. As far as issues with track clearance or problems at the highest levels - Nate Koch has commented that he uses them, a Six Day racer travelling Europe would have definitely put them through the wringer. DCRainmaker's review is good and the comment thread has a lot of talk, his comments help keep things a bit level headed. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/08/...ls-review.html