View Single Post
Old 05-02-17, 06:21 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
@rhm, yes, as I understand it, a sprinter is a tubular, or as we called them as kids, sew-ups. That sounds like someone's dream bike, back in that period. I imagine it would be a rare one here in the states.

I noticed the 24T front ring, took me a few re reads to pick up on the 1"pitch track slant to it. That is one neat sales receipt, do you actually have it, or is that a scan. Hold on to it if its yours.

Bill
Bill, I did have the receipt, it came with the bike! Alas the bike had been 'upgraded' in the 70's and not a single original component remained. Even the Simplex derailleur hanger had been cut off. Fortunately with the guidance of the receipt I was able to put the bike back in something like original configuration (forget about the Viazone rims and Pelissier hubs, though! I put 27" Weinmann clinchers on it, with Atom hubs). It was a great bike, but I didn't ride it enough. I sold it, along with the receipt.