View Single Post
Old 05-02-17, 12:19 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Berone View Post
I just read through that thread. A lot of it looks the same, except for the colors. One of the posts said the 87s went to the pastel colors. Mine was definitely red, whte, and blue. I wonder if it's a different year or model. I hope to get it back on the stand on Friday, so maybe I can find the serial number. Although I'm not sure where to look, anymore. That's how I proved it was mine when I recovered it, so I'm sure it's there!

Edited to say I found a page from a 1987 catalog that seems to show my bike. Only contradiction is the brakes, which the catalog describes as "Ross alloy power brakes."
Yes, it's definitely no older than 1987, as that is a SunTour Alpha 3000 derailleur, which was introduced in 1987. The optional colour that year was "Snow White" with red forks and bars, which is what you have. The stem looks black in the catalogue, as opposed to blue but we've seen some variations in stem and bar colour combinations. Despite the name difference, the brakes are OEM. I posted some blown up pictures of the brakes from the ad copy, in the other thread.