Old 05-11-17, 11:08 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
Finally, this was passed but the $100 fine is stupidly low. Anyway, as we get more and more cyclists and legislators become more in tune with the vulnerability and the benefits of cycling and cyclists, it should be safer and more enjoyable for us out on the narrow roads and canyons, especially.
Whenever I take my bike out to the Methow Valley (a section of WA that looks and feels like CO), I'm amazed at how friendly the drivers are to me. People will slow down and wait for an opportunity to pass if the road is narrow or curvy. They'll move far into the next lane to go around me. Always, without fail. The entire region's economy is based on tourism for outdoor recreation. Most of the jobs in that valley are in hotels and restaurants and bike/ski/outdoor shops. The place is very community oriented and has a strong "we're in this together" attitude.

I haven't been to Colorado in a long time but I know a good deal of your economy runs on tourism, too. I would have hoped it would be better out there. Especially since I'm trying to convince Beth that we need to make a trip out to Ouray.