Old 05-12-17, 10:06 AM
theHomelessJedi

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Allez Sport w/ Shimano Sora Comp.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Speedplay pedals are purging grease during ride.

So I recently got my first set of 'clipless' pedals. Speedplay Zero's from my LBS. They set everything up for me and said if something doesn't feel right after a few rides, to come back in and they'll help me adjust some things. Well I've been on one ride on them so far, successfully, with no 0mph falls (not including one inside my apartment practicing clipping in and out). I LOVE THEM!! Had no idea what a big difference these would make to... well, everything! I control the bike better, I feel more efficient, faster, more confident. It's awesome!

That said, I have a question. Hope I'm posting in the right place.
The right pedal seemed to be purging the blue/green lubricant while I was riding. I have a general idea of what to do to put new lube in them, usually purges the old as you squeeze in the new. So, is this normal for a new set of Speedplay Zero's?? I was thinking maybe the LBS just put too much in there or they come from the factory like gun parts do, bathed in lubricant. Either way I don't see it as a 'problem' just something else to clean after every ride.