View Single Post
Old 12-22-05, 11:16 PM
marqueemoon
or tarckeemoon, depending

Bikes: Davidson Impulse, Merckx Titanium AX, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road, Cross Check custom build, On-One Il Pomino, Shawver Cycles cross, Zion 737, Mercian Vincitore, Brompton S1L, Charge Juicer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
today's geeky moment

I'm sure some of you can relate to this. On my way home today I decided to stop off to pick up a gift downtown. There was a nice break in the rain, and the trip was actually quite pleasant. Even better, the store wasn't mobbed. I locked up my bike and ducked in. I made it to the register in probably 5 minutes.

Just as I'm getting my change, the sky opened up and began dumping buckets of rain. I began strolling to the door figuring I was already in for it so there was no sense in hurrying. Just as I got there I realized there was nothing covering my Brooks saddle , and immediately after I had this realization a huge parade of people appeared at the door and decided to bully their way past me into the store. It was something out of a bad movie. Just at the tail end of their procession, one more joker tried to push by me. I gave him the most evil look i could, flung the door open, dashed over and started swabbing off the saddle like mad. I must have looked like a total nut case. As it turned out, the saddle was about the only thing dry by the time I got home.