View Single Post
Old 05-13-17, 11:20 AM
Namida12
Using antix-17.4.1

Bikes: Fuji SST 1.0, Chorus equipped Ridley Excalibur, Novara XR, KHS Classic, Basso Tri-Color, 1982 Bianchi Nuova Touring, Blue Max Plateau EX, Heavy Mongoose Hilltopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Do not see any real information on the Blue Max Plateau EX - touring/hybrid bicycle in this old thread.

I found one here in Las Vegas, all the grease/lubricant was dried and everything needed cleaning and bearings were replaced. Changed out rotten rim strip with cloth, new tubes, and recent take off 700x32 tires.

Did a short ride yesterday, to check its rideability. This bicycle is geared so low I had to keep it in the 42 chain ring to ride, appears this bicycle would be @ home fully loaded for stealth camping/touring or climbing vertical mountains.

Would like to know the seatpost particulars, as I broke the seatpost bolt trying to tighten a slipping saddle. I still can not tighten the replacement properly. Saddle slowly sinks approximately an inch every 15 miles.

This is the first non Road bicycle I have ridden since 2010, the longer wheel base, curved fork with a straight handlebar, combined with the 700x32 larger tires and low speed drive train did not enamor my bicycle ride comfort for this bicycle. I purchased this bicycle as a Grocery getter, yes, ride to store chain-up bicycle purchase grocery and bring them home on a sturdy bicycle.

Seems it will accomplish the task of hauling groceries on a yet to be installed rear rack, but if this bicycle has any value, maybe that is not its proper role as a knowledgeable bicycle thief might decide it is free money temporally tied to a bicycle rack. Any real thoughts about this bicycle brand with a great Maltese cross logo

JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Blue_Max-01.jpg (21.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg
Blue_Max-02.jpg (20.7 KB, 64 views)