View Single Post
Old 05-14-17, 09:38 AM
Renngrrl

Bikes: 1976 Raleigh Tourist Loop, 1979 Puch Rugby Sport, 1970s stealth Erocia project

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
How is the beer? Cool coasters, if you have any of them, wanna trade for some German ones? The bike looks like a swell commuter. Punch was a good brand. Is the shifting unit an AW or Austrian made?
AW, no date that I could see. She's off at my local LBS getting the once over. $35 to overhaul the IGH is a steal. I think the owner and techs are starting to like me because I bring them six packs as tips
On the coasters, I'll be more then happy to just send you one of two. I have something like 4 microbrew houses within easy walking distance in the bridge district. I can start a collection and slip them in the mail if you PM me your address.

Originally Posted by YoKev
The Rugby Sports is the bike that got me into vintage. It's a really nice bike!
Awesome! I'm truly a novice so this makes me feel a little better. I was unsure as she was being relisted over and over. I decided to pick her up after doing some reading here. I will say I like how light she is. Loading my other bikes into the rack is akin to crossfit training.

Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman
If it's white on top of the dark original paint, it very likely will. Just get some rubbing compound on a damp cloth and get to work. The pics make the paint look like it's in very good condition indeed.
That's what the DH says but ya know, he's been wrong before . The color looks really purple but it's more of ruddy aubergine with gold shimmer. I find the decals totally take away from the effect. I'll know more by next weekend. Do you have a favorite? I'll be out picking up simichrome after the race today.

Save
Save
Save
Save