View Single Post
Old 05-19-17, 08:59 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BBassett
I think electric is a good idea and common sense unless you are the kind of person that would chopper to the top of a hill to coast back down. Some people are too self-obsessed or stupid to understand the consequences. Internal combustion has been superseded especially a 2 stroke engine. The problem with electric is the solar panel you will need to go off grid is going to be expensive. I went with a fully suspended bike rather than a fat-bike because I ride a lot of roads to find great base camps and I wanted a low rolling resistance.

that looks serious. haven't forgotten the idea, just letting it develop in my head and as I find parts. I need to get my pic taking ability back, but I have started a regular tire version of the fat tire bike I was thinking about (somewhat. I'm really thinking of it as a hooligan cargo bike). just happened across parts that worked for the idea. it's letting me play with some ideas that may transfer to the fat bike idea because it would be harder to come up with fat bike parts again to experiment with.

I have a few solar panels. not sure if they'd be too big for a bike. i'll need to actually start playing with the idea, and see what motor I could luck across, if I try a motor at all.

thanks all, for the thought on it.