Old 05-25-17, 01:35 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by RMoudatir
So I have been planning on this ride for quite a while now, I live in Southern California near Orange County and I was planning on riding through the Santa Ana Mountains starting from Skyline trail then through Black Star Canyon all the way to Santiago Canyon road and then to San Diego to complete a century since I have family there staying there over the weekend. The ride may take 10-12 hrs and it would be best if I got there before 2pm so I may leave at 2 am, I am a bit concerned about mountain lions when crossing the trails which are about 12 miles long. I love these types of adventures and the idea of riding from night and watching the sun rise is thrilling to me. Should I take a longer boring detour and be safe or would crossing through the trails not be much of a problem during those hours. If anybody lives by here and has experience with this I'm curious what your opinions are.
mountain lions would be on my mind too. they are obviously out there. guess it just depends on how lit up
and noisy you are rolling through the trails area. my biggest point to point concern would be riding through
camp pendleton enroute to san diego. assuming you're a civilian, have you registered to ride on the base?
and i was under the impression that registered civilian cyclists can only ride through from 9am-3pm. otherwise,
it's the freeway.

Last edited by cb400bill; 05-26-17 at 04:36 AM.