View Single Post
Old 05-26-17, 12:56 PM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Unless you happen to be extremely lucky and pick a saddle off the shelf and it totally works for you, the best way to find the perfect saddle for you is to try several of them. It takes several rides to know if the saddle you are using is going to work for you, so sitting on bikes in the LBS isn't going to cut it. I would try some of the shops in your area and see if they have a loaner program. With most loaner programs, the shop will rent you a demo saddle to try out and return until you find the saddle you really want. The cost of the rental is then applied toward the cost of the saddle if you purchase it from them.

When I was looking for a new saddle, I read all the posts on this and other bike forums to see what everyone else was riding. I tried several saddles before finding the perfect one for me; including one of the most popular ones - a Brooks B17. As popular as it is, it was the worst of the bunch. For me, it took riding on 5-6 different saddles before I found the perfect saddle for me. I've been riding the same saddle on all my bikes for 4 years now and have no intentions of ever changing.

Happy saddle hunting!

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress

Last edited by John_V; 05-26-17 at 01:04 PM.