Old 06-08-17, 09:34 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast, 1997 Bianchi Advantage, 1994 Trek 930.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbiker1 View Post
Thanks for the help all! I have not purchased a helmet yet, I figure I don't really want to wear one unless I am riding on the road and I don't want to do that.

I have a bunch of Underarmor moisture wicking shirts that I use for undershirts, those should work until I can get a jersey. I will need to get a little bag for under the saddle and all the essential items mentioned.

One thing I didn't understand "a boot in case the tire carcass is cut (you can buy cheap park tool versions or you can salvage old inner tubes OR you can fold up a dollar bill and just use that in a pinch.)" - not sure what this means?
the most gruesome bike related head injury I ever saw happened on a bike path. The rider in question was riding slowly, maybe 10 or 12 mph at most. lost focus for a few second and rode off the path into a tree, then rolled down an incline into a ditch overgrown with thorny weeds.

His helmet was cracked and he was bleeding from a cut on his head. We called an ambulance and the guy was rushed to the hospital. If he didn't have a helmet, he might have died.