BikeliciousBabe
Banned.

Bikes: Cannondale CAADX

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
The one thing I don't like about the service is the 10-day thing. That's fine at the start, but if you are on tour for longer than 10 days you cannot get a return shipping label before you start the tour. That means you have to find a computer with a printer at some point to print the return shipping label. For me, that has meant having to make trips to local libraries in Missoula and Rapid City on the last days of tours. Fortunately, I have finished tours on days and at times when they are open, but it's still a bit of a PITA.
Ty and I ran into this issue on a tour before but we found a way around it. When it asks for your shipping date just put one that'll make it so you get the label before you leave. If your tour is June 1 to July 1 then use "May 23" or something as the shipping date for both the original shipment and the return. FedEx labels don't expire so the date on it is irrelevant. The return shipment label for our tour a few years ago was dated 2 months before we physically shipped the bicycles home. No issues.

We love BikeFlights for their little known guarantee. If your bicycle arrives after the guaranteed date BikeFlights pays you $100 per day that it's late. Our bicycles have never been late but for $100/day I wouldn't mind if they were late on the return end.

It was $60 to ship both of our bicycles from Portland to Missoula including $5 to have FedEx pick them up. They shipped on Monday afternoon and arrived yesterday.