View Single Post
Old 06-09-17, 10:06 PM
Mark42
Banned

Bikes: Nothing a Bike Weenie would ride.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Battery not charging.

I keep the battery inside during the winter and charge it periodically. This would be the third season it will be used. Battery is a Chinese 48v 20Mah Li no name. After charging battery, it was connected to bike and console won't come on and bike does not work. Tester showed 37v on battery. Hooked charger to battery and it indicates its fully charged. Hooked charger directly to bike and console came on normal, and twist of throttle made bike lurch. So put battery back on charger. Still not charging.

I know if the voltage is too low, the bike will not come on. I also read if the battery voltage has dropped too low, the charging circuit in the battery may not allow it to charge. I am confused that the tester shows 37 volts on battery, but when connected to a 36v lamp, it will not light.

Don't feel like dropping $300 on another battery. So I'm ready to tear into this one and start some diagnostics on the charging circuit. Any suggestions on where to start or what the solution is are greatly appreciated. I have the tools and ability to do soldering so that is not a problem.

Thanks!