Old 06-10-17, 04:11 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
I've never seen extra stampings or serial number in that format shown here, so thanks for sharing!!

5 digits on bottom is the # of manufacture for the year. "73°" on the seat tube lug is the degree/angle of the lug but not sure what the 3C is that follows it, nor the 7330 (unless that's 73.3°) on the headtube lug.

I agree with @oddjob2, 1984 is likely date. It was the last year for this decal scheme too, IIRC. Going on that information and what we see in the pictures, we can make an educated guess on the model. I don't see any tubing decals anywhere (Carbolite/HLE/Reynolds 501), which is another potential ID clue, and so is the all-chrome fork, which - by this date - the forks were either all-chrome or no-chrome.

Model tree for this vintage:

P8/P10 variants came with no no chrome fork and Carbolite(+) tubing.
Next step up added all-chrome Carbolite fork, which was called the P11.
Next step up from that adds Reynolds 501 tubing on main triangle, now we're in PH501 territory, or PGN10 for pre-'85 year
85 onward, next step up added Reynolds 501 fork and stays, now PGN10 territory
After that, we get into Reynolds 531 frames, and now we're in PY/PX/PZ territory.

There are some fill-in models some yearsand things change region to region, but that's a general summary of 82-85ish. Based on what I know, educated guess, I'd say this is a P11, which isn't a terribly common model, but still in the lower mid-range.

It's a cool find and honestly, should ride like twice the bike it actually is.

I think oddjob2 and I both have PGN10s (or am I confusing you with Chombi?) and I personally love mine. That and a Moto Jubile Sport are my two primary in-town riders. I wouldn't be crushed if they were nabbed or wrecked, but the ride is damn near as enjoyable as some of my bikes worth way more.

So, in short: Probably a 1984 PH11, and yes, totally worth restoring, but you shouldn't need to do much. Oh, and the crankset isn't stock. You may actually enjoy moving to all 600 running gear (the Weinmann setups for this year range Peugeot were actually pretty damn good, I'd leave that alone)